Using your nul shampoo bar
Nul shampoo bars are formulated a little differently to others you may have tried. With no sulfates and only COSMOS-approved ingredients, they won’t strip your natural oils and are very gentle. This is much better for your hair and scalp in the long run but can take some getting used to. So we’ve put together some tips to get the best out of using your nul shampoo bar.
- Nul shampoo bars do foam, but they won’t be as foamy as regular shampoo. This is a good thing! It means they aren’t stripping your natural oils from your hair and scalp.
- When you start using your bar for the first time, lather the bar in your hands first, then apply the foam to your hair. Massage it in then repeat. This way you have much better control of how much you’re using. You only need a little bit!
- If you have long hair, you don’t need to wash the entire length of your hair – shampoo is designed to clean your scalp. When you rinse out the foam, you will clean the lengths of your hair as well.
- If you have thick hair, you might find it easier to wash your hair in sections.
- If you have oily hair or use a lot of styling products, wash twice for a deep clean. The second time you’ll notice much more foam.
- Make sure you work the shampoo into your scalp really well. A scalp brush is a really convenient way to do this.
- Because nul shampoo bars are pH-balanced, there’s no need for a vinegar rinse. Treat them as you would a normal shampoo, so if you usually use conditioner, keep using it.
- Nul shampoo bars won’t over dry your hair, so people with very fine hair may notice they don’t need a conditioner at all.
- Nul shampoo bars are safe for color-treated hair.
Storing your nul shampoo bar
- Nul shampoo bars come with a convenient hemp hanging loop to easily store your bar on a hook.
- Place your hook out of the direct flow of water. Behind the showerhead is the best place.
- If you don’t have a hook, place your bar out of the direct flow of water on a soap rest on a draining rack.
Traveling with your nul shampoo bar
- You don’t need anything fancy to travel with your nul shampoo bar if you keep the box it came in.
- Allow your shampoo bar to dry fully, then place it in the box for travel.
- Alternatively, you can put your shampoo bar in a container with a soap rest in the bottom to allow for drainage. A soap rest can also be replaced with a cloth, a sponge or a luffa.
Disposing of your packaging and hemp hanging loop
- We’ve worked hard to ensure none of our packaging needs to go into the garbage can.
- Please dispose of your hanging loop into the green waste, or bury it in your garden.
- Dispose of your box and box sleeve in the recycling so the material can be reused.
Thank you for choosing us to look after your hair
We know making the switch to a new product can be a challenge. Hopefully these tips make it a little easier to make the switch to plastic-free, natural products.
Stick by us and you’ll see how healthy natural hair can be. If you have any questions, we’re always available to help. Contact us.