which nul conditioner bar is right for me?
We’ve created different conditioner bars for different hair types.
If you already know which conditioner bar you like, shop now.
Or have a look at our conditioner bar FAQs.
shop for conditioner bars
read our faqs on nul conditioner bars
how do i use a nul conditioner bar?
To use our conditioner bars,
- Warm the bar between your hands under warm water, then stroke directly on your hair. A little goes a long way.
- Comb through then leave for 1-2 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
- If you have thick hair, apply the bar to your hair in sections to ensure all your hair is evenly conditioned.
- Store out of direct contact with water.
how do i store a nul conditioner bar?
It’s best to store your nul conditioner bar out of the direct flow of water to make it last as long as possible.
- nul conditioner bars come with a convenient hemp hanging loop to easily store your bar on a hook.
- Place your hook out of the direct flow of water. Behind the showerhead is the best place.
- If you don’t have a hook, place your bar out of the direct flow of water on a soap rest on a draining rack.
what makes nul conditioner bars different?
Conditioner bars typically fall into two categories:
- Synthetic bars using ingredients like behentrimonium chloride, behentrimonium methosulfate or centrimonium chloride.
- Natural bars that do not contain a conditioning agent, just lots of plant oils.
The problem with synthetic bars is they use chemicals that aren’t truly natural. While the chemicals may have started out as plant oil, it’s then processed using petrochemicals, which can produce byproducts that are bad for the environment. It’s also common for these materials to have low biodegradability, meaning they can persist in the environment for long periods of time.
But what about natural bars? Natural bars are definitely better for the environment, but often don’t offer the same performance as a traditional conditioner. The high level of oils can leave hair feeling greasy. And the lack of conditioning agents means you don’t get the same silky feeling you expect from a conditioner.
nul bars are different. We’ve spent months testing different 100% natural plant-based conditioning agents. And we finally found a combination that offers the same performance as a traditional conditioner.
The conditioning agents are based on fermented rapeseed oil and are totally biodegradable. So they’re better for you and the environment.